Friday, March 5, 2010

Without further ado...

And now, what you have all been waiting for, my guest blogger Alissa! If you haven't seen her blog yet you better check it out here

I am so excited to be guest blogging over here at "All About Jayden Paige". My first blog name was actually "All About Molly" but I changed it because I started writing more about our excursions and things we were doing together to "Molly and Mommy". Anyway---this is my first time guest blogging--so bear with me. Kelly left it open for me to write about whatever I wanted and I picked a topic, but I kind of got off topic because I am sleep deprived (I am not one of the lucky ones whose child sleeps through the night).

I am going to tell you all about the day my life changed forever and the months following that day.

I was at my OB's office last year for what I thought were irregular periods, because I had already taken eleventy billion pregnancy tests and they were all negative. They gave me a pregnancy test as soon as I got there and I sat waiting for the CNP to come in and talk to me.

When she opened the door, she had a huge smile on her face and she asked "Are you ready to be a mother?"

After the initial panic set in (along with the inevitable morning sickness), I was excited. A week later, I heard that tiny little heartbeat for the first time and saw my tiny little bean. It was love at first sight.

Did I mention that I never really wanted children? I mean, I thought I might, maybe....some day. I wanted a career first. I flew through college and received my BBA in Marketing and MBA in record time (4 years)---I wanted to be a career woman. I envisioned myself sitting behind a desk in an office with a view, giving lower management a piece of my mind. I never thought I would be laid off from my dream job AND find out I was pregnant all within 5 days of each other. That threw me through a loop I was NOT expecting.

I made it through 9 months of pregnancy with no problems what-so-ever. The only hard part was being in labor for three days, although the end result was so worth it. Molly was 7 lbs 4 oz with a beautiful head of brown hair and brown eyes. Life took on an entirely new meaning the minute she was handed to me.

Life since then has been a blur. I am a stay at home mom, which is something I never imagined myself doing. My day is dictated by a 15 lb bundle of energy in diapers and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

I think a lot of people wonder what exactly a Stay at Home Mom does all day. On the message board Kelly and I frequent there is a good mix of Stay at Home and Working Moms. I envy working moms and don't envy them at the same time. As much as I would love to be putting my Masters degree to use, I can't imagine being away from Molly for any amount of time.

Here was my schedule when I was working:

6:00 AM- Wake up, shower, get dressed, Take the dog out

7:00 AM- Leave for work

7:30AM-5:00PM- Work.

5:00 PM- Drive Home from Work

5:30PM- 9:30PM- Get home from work. Watch TV. Take the dog out a couple times. Eat.

9:30PM(ish)- Go to bed

My schedule now-

Anytime between 4am and 6am- Get up for the day. Change Molly's diaper. Take the dog out. Change her diaper again because she inevitably pooped in her fresh diaper. Play with her. Feed her. Deal with fussiness because she's tired again. Take a nap with Molly.

Anytime between 8am and 10am- Wake up from nap. Diaper Change. Eat breakfast. Feed Molly. Play with Molly. Attempt to get on computer. Watch Molly try to put something in her mouth that she shouldn't be eating, take away said object. Deal with the brat fit that ensues from taking away something she wanted to eat. Try and get her to go to sleep because she's tired and won't go to sleep because there's too much going on. Once she is asleep, try to put her down. She wakes up screaming. Let her nap on my chest because that's the only way she'll sleep.

Sometime between Oh crap, what time is it? and 5PM- Take pictures of Molly, take the dog out again, eat lunch (a bar is lunch, right?), put Molly in her jumperoo and attempt to shower. Get the shower running and then Molly starts to scream. Turn shower off. Pick Molly up. Sing and play with Molly again. Put her in her jumperoo (aka the circle of neglect), listen to her beat on the flowers. Try to get online and look for a job.

10PM- Molly is finally asleep (maybe). Take a shower. Try and go to sleep myself.

I may have to ask my 6 month old boss for a raise.

To be honest with you, as much as I enjoyed working and bringing home a paycheck, I love being at home with Molly more. It may be stressful and hectic at times, but I can't imagine not spending this precious time with her.

Thanks for letting me join you over here at All About Jayden Paige. I hope you enjoyed my sleep deprived ramblings--I know I enjoyed writing this for you all.

I leave you with a super cute picture of my little girl in Skinny Jeans:

Hugs and Lots of Slobbery Smoochies,

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie she is!!

    Stopping by from MBC and now following you.

    Have a great weekend!